Urine deposited on carpet penetrates carpet fibers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the flooringmaterial below the carpet. Urine odors can permeate the sub-floor, tack strip, and even the framework of the house.
As urine dries, the liquid evaporates forming urine crystals which are more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaningwill not remove this odor.
The P.U.R.T.® Process
P.U.R.T.® is 100% natural made from extracts of plants, spices, herbs, and citrus along with a fabric protecting polymer. AnH & L Chem-Dry technician will locate the source of odor (urine) using a black light and pretreat the trouble areas leavingyour home permanently free of urine odor.
How P.U.R.T. Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined, then the carpet will be rinsed and extracted with a hot water rinse to remove the bulk of the urine crystals.
- In worst cases, the carpet is pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the sub-floor if determined necessary.
- P.U.R.T. will then be applied heavily to the tack strip, the sub ﬂoor, the baseboards and the carpet backing. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine.
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T. will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.